Our impressive Puszta program has been attracting thousands of Hungarian and foreign tourists for the last 27 years.
The most striking part of the program is the fascinating show of the puszta ten (ten horses ridden by one horseman), which is unique in the world. We are proud that the Varga Tanya has won the 5 horseshoe equestrian service provider qualification and since January 2006, it has been the most preferred and reputable showplace.
We offer the following package-program:
1. Greeting of the guests
We welcome our guests with cheesecake and pálinka (traditional Hungarian spirit)
2. Horse-cart ride
After the welcome, we take a cart-tour to the nearby puszta. We visit a functioning homestead and the Tanya Museum.
3. Horse show
• Puszta five performance
• Rush of the grooms
• Presentation of the pony-cart, three-horses-carriage, yoak of oxen, donkey-cart, four-horses-carriage
• Playful contest of the grooms
The windup of the program is a traditional lunch. We serve a three course meal in our intimate and rustic restaurants. During the meal, gipsy music guarantees for good humour.
– Hungarian kettle Goulash
– Breaded chicken breast filet, flecken, breaded onion rings, mixed garnish, countryman’s salad
– Traditional Hungarian pie with apricot jam
– Mineral water, red and white wine (from Balaton)
The standard set meal can be enriched with additional dishes, such as meat plate with duck legs or barbecue party, for extra charge.
Besides the standard package we offer a variety of traditional programs:
– Folk dance performance with adjoining dance tuition
– “Lángos” (oil-fried scones) on a peasant’s farm
– Puszta Olympics
The puszta-program is conducted daily between 1st April and 30st September, starting at 11 a.m. – 11.30 a.m (the horse-show begins at 12.30 p.m.)
The program is available for groups, however, our individual guests can also join to the groups with a pre-arranged appointment. For further information please ask our associates.